Fall Fun with Cruisn 1
Fall dolphin watching on Cruisn 1. Atlantic City Cruises, Cruisn 1, dolphin watching is still in full swing until the end of October. This time of year is beautiful to enjoy a cruise. The weather is perfect. The sun is still shinning, but without the high heat. The water just sparkles like diamonds. Best of all you’re avoiding the large crowds. Cruisn 1 can hold up to 150 people, on our fall cruise there were less than half.
Atlantic City Cruses, Cruisn 1 departs every day and 1:00pm. Get there by 12:30 to buy your tickets and grab a seat on the boat. They have upper and lower decks for your viewing convenience. There’s a snack bar with plenty of snacks and drinks for adults and children. There are several inside seating areas, as well as outside seating areas.
Jeff George is an amazing captain. He’s fun, friendly, and really wants you to enjoy your trip with him. The staff is very friendly and helpful as well. During our cruise the crowd was so excited to see so many dolphins he stayed out a little longer to make sure we all got some great pictures. He also makes sure he turns the boat to accommodate whatever side you happened to be seated on.
(info from website)
Departs from: Historic Gardner’s Basin
Dates: Daily – June 2 – Sept 30
Wed, Sat & Sun – May 2 – May 30 &
Wed, Sat & Sun October 3 – 21, 2012
This is your ticket to the adventure of a lifetime! This trip is perfect for kids of all ages! On your trip you could see leaping, frolicking dolphins as we head into the open ocean in search of marine life.
A highly educational commentary provided by an onboard marine naturalist ensures your trip will indeed be one to remember.
Atlantic City Cruises Dolphin Watching Adventure aboard Cruisn 1 has been featured by mainstream media outlets including The New York Times, The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Atlantic City Press and New Jersey Outdoors. This cruise has grown to be our most celebrated adventure experienced by oceanographers and mammal lovers from coast to coast
You’ll never know how many there are, or how many you’ll see
- that’s part of the adventure! All we can say is fill your tank with energy and bring your camera! Guaranteed Sightings. In the unlikely event that dolphin are not spotted, a free return cruise ticket will be given. Sorry no refunds.
Check Out Cruisn 1‘s Schedule Here! Dolphin cruises are available til October 21st.
Cirque Du soliel’s Dralion is coming to Atlantic City’s Boardwalk Hall this week!
Wednesday August 29th – Sunday September 2nd
Cape May County Moms is giving away a 4 Pack of tickets to opening night Wednesday August 29th at 7:30!
To Win enter using rafflecopter widget below. Follow all instructions!
*Winner must be available to attend the Wed August 29th show at 7:30Pm!
Winner will be notified via email address Wed. August 29th at 9am and will have 1 hour to respond to claim tickets!
To leave a comment please scroll to the top of the page and hit the comment tab.
*In full disclosure Magical Media was not compensated in anyway. We were only given the tickets to give away.
Franklin Institute has a traveling exhibit called Identity.
Explore how the physical, psychological and social elements in your life create Identity: An Exhibition of You. This unique exhibit takes the science behind identity and makes it personal, engaging you and your students with hands-on interactive components that challenge us all to see ourselves from a different perspective.
Identity is divided into three areas. Explore the extent to which inherited genes determine our physical identity. Observe how chemical balances in the brain affect our psychological identity. Evaluate how the people around us modify our social identity. Students can compare their fingerprints, measure whether they are introverted or extroverted, and rethink the ways they interact and identify with particular social groups. Take another look at yourself at Identity…you might be surprised by what you see. (website)
Identity made a stop at Atlantic city’s Trump Plaza so we had to check it out!
Identity is a journey of you. Why are you the way you are. What makes you alike, or different from other people. While most physical differences are very apparent there are so many others that are not skin deep. More to the point differences in humans are brain deep. Identity explores three main areas of YOU, social, physical, and psychological.
The exhibit shows you how a fetus brain develops, and the differences that happen between male and female brains. Another interactive exhibit shows you how different people handle stress related activity. You can even learn what areas of the brain are responsible for different activities like dancing, singing, and the way we talk.
Our personality is based on the way our brain functions and its’ unique chemistry.
Differences in our brain chemistry, brain structures and brain activity impact our environment.
There are differences between male and female brains, but there are overlaps as well.
Embrace the unique way in which you think!
Are you a traditionalist, or an innovator? Do you like to try new things? This reminded me of perfume. I can tell you I disliked most of the smells, while my “crazy” friend Nicki liked most of them. So did my son, and I realized that I am way more of a traditionalist then they are.
How do people influence my identity?
People help shape our identity. We classify others and ourselves into groups, sometimes these classifications make sense, other times they can be misleading. No person is an island, appreciate the impact other people have on your identity.
There was large floor and when you entered a colored orb formed below you. As you walked around, and near people, your orb took a little bit of color from other orbs. It showed that you could take away something from each person you meet.
How do genes impact my body?
Most of our physical identity is determined by our genes.
Our genes are inherited.
Our genes don’t determine everything about our physical identity, environment also has a role.
Don’t fear, but love your genes, they are the starting point to our unique identity!
Do you look like your mom, or dad, or both. Can you be siblings and look nothing alike? Of course, the answers lie in our genetic makeup. Since we get 23 genes from mom and 23 from dad its really left up to chance which ones get passes along to you and which ones do not. You could be tall like dad or short like mom. Or maybe you’re tall like Uncle Mike because one of your parents carries a tall gene even though they are not tall themselves.
In this kiosk you were given 4 sets of parents, and 8 children cards. You needed to match the children up to their biological parents. You did this solely on looks alone. I didn’t get any of the children correct. I didn’t even get the children paired correctly as siblings.
My kids favorite part was a facial recognition kiosk. There was a computer that took a photo of your face. After your photo was placed up on the screen you make some minor adjustments using the mouse. Then you got to explore what you would look like if you were male, female, Asian, African American, etc. The kids loved this, they thought is was so cool to see themselves in such a different way.
Identity is a traveling exhibit from the Franklin Institute. Its in Atlantic city for only a short time.
May 26th- September 3rd
The exhibit is open noon-7pm daily and tickets are $14.05.
This exhibit is appropriate for older children. My 7 and 9 year old enjoyed it, however everything was lost on my 3 year old.
Win A Chance to Fly with iFly
Have you ever wanted to run away an join the circus. iFly will bring you closer to that dream!
We are giving away $150.00 credit towards an iFly experience for 3 or more people at Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City!
*experience credit must be used before August 31st, 2012
I.FLY is a recreational Flying Trapeze and Aerial Arts program open to the public. It’s the only full-time program on Long Island open from April to October. We have the best job in the world and we want to share that experience with you! I.FLY instructors come from a variety of circus disciplines and have been trained specifically to teach you to fly whether beginner or advanced. They also have hospitality and entertainment backgrounds that aren’t only comfortably inviting, but create a fun filled atmosphere. Children can start flying at age 4 and adults should never stop flying at any age! Don’t let a little bit of fear ruin your curiosity for the unforgettable feeling of flying. Visit us…Together we’ll help make it happen. You’ll never forget your first time at I.FLY! (taken from iFly website)
Session are 90+ minutes
STARTING AT 10:30 am, 12:30 pm, 3:30 pm, 5:30 pm
$65.00 per person
To Win $150.00 credit toward and iFly experience for 3 or more people enter using raffle copter below!
*When leaving a comment for this site. Go to the top of the page and hit the Comments button at the top of the post!
Winner of the contest receives $150 Credit for Flying Trapeze Lessons:-The full credit of $150 is for single use and is valid only when 3 or more participants book for the same class time and day-No cash value
-Valid Tuesday thru Sunday at I.FLY Trapeze Atlantic City only
-Book in advance and fly by August 31, 2012-When booking by phone, you must mention your contest and promotion code-Cancellations or changes must be by phone 48 hrs prior to your scheduled date/time-If I.FLY cancels due to weather, reschedules will be arranged pending availability-This offer valid only for the 2012 season. No exceptions.
*Family Friendly AC was not compensated in anyway for this giveaway. We were only given the promotional codes to give to the winners.
On 4th of July my family and I stay at The Golden Nugget AC. The Golden Nugget was formally the Trump Marina. Out with the old and in with the new, and new is what The Golden Nugget is, inside and out.
Most of the interior of The Golden Nugget has been refurbished. It’s a boutique casino with a great view, large marina, and luxurious spa. The rooms are modern and sleek.
“Relaxing massages, Rejuvenating facials, and signature packages in an environment designed to do nothing but indulge the senses.”
And of course, The Golden Nugget has great shops, lounges, and restaurants. Don’t miss the nightlife out at the marina bar.
Overall The Golden Nugget is a beautiful Casino with breath taking views. My family really enjoyed our stay. The kids liked the views of the bay from the room. They loved seeing all the boats at the marina as well.
Is this the most family friendly resort, no. There are others more suited for families. This hotel is more suited for teenagers and up. In the hotel rooms, there are no locks on the bathroom doors. This isn’t really convenient when you travel with smallish people who tend to forget to knock. The pool and hot tub area is beautiful, and has great roof top views. However the pool, at least on our stay, was small and very over crowded. There is a great lounge area in the pool where you can grab a pool chair, and sit in the shallow water. This area is ideal for little kids, but again it gets crowded with sun bathers.
What do kids love?
Really Neat Special Effects
The “Duality” 3D light show by Moment Factory coming to Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall offers all that and more!
Take a look
Now doesn’t that look cool? It’s enough to get mom and dad excited to.
Ready to come see the show?
Here’s what you need to know about Duality
- The sound and light show will premiere Wednesday, July 4, shortly after the fireworks show around 9:30 p.m.
- The FREE show will run twice per hour, and lasts for about 8 ½ minutes. It is best seen from Kennedy Plaza on the boardwalk.
- The light show will give your kids a little lesson in history and architecture as the show takes advantage of Boardwalk Hall’s architecture to create a visually stunning performance that uses the history of Atlantic City to pay tribute to the city.
- Duality will be a permanent show but music, theme, and lightning colors will change throughout the year. I am already excited thinking about what it will look and sound like during the holidays.
- Fun Facts for the kids about the Duality Show
- Twelve 20,000 lumen video projectors are installed on the façade of Boardwalk Hall.
- Installation took two weeks and 14 specialized technicians to put in place.
- The creation of the show took three months and over 35 team members.
A little background information
About Boardwalk Hall
- Used to be known as the Atlantic City Convention Hall
- Hosts great family friendly events like the Professional Cowboys Rodeo Association Rodeo and the Ringling Brothers Barnum Bailey Circus
- Longtime home of the Miss America Pageant
- Home to the world’s largest musical instrument — a pipe organ consisting of over 33,000 pipes. While the organ is no longer fully functional, it remains listed in the Guinness Book of World Records.
About the Atlantic City Alliance
- The Atlantic City Alliance (ACA) is a New Jersey not-for-profit corporation, brought into existence by New Jersey Governor Chris Christie. The ACA’s primary mission is to revitalize and rebuild Atlantic City’s reputation as a tourist destination.
- Are responsible for the “Do Anything, Do Everything,” marketing campaign that wants to motivate more visitors to come to Atlantic City.
About the Moment Factory
- Moment Factory is a Montreal-based new media and entertainment studio which specializes in groundbreaking shows that combine video, lighting, architecture, sound and special effects to create remarkable — and often interactive — experiences.
- They have produced over 300 shows for clients such as Cirque du Soleil, Disney, Jay-Z, Celine Dion, M.I.A., Microsoft, and the NFL Super Bowl XLVI Halftime Show featuring Madonna. Moment Factory is also working on Madonna’s new MDNA world tour.
- The company’s signature style combines light, technology and imagination often in “walkable,” open-air settings to create gathering spaces out of otherwise ordinary public areas.
One of the oldest amusement piers at the JerseyShore, Atlantic City’s Steel Pier is an icon. A trip to Atlantic City wouldn’t be complete without stopping here.
Atlantic City’s Steel Pier hosts just under 21 rides, but it’s still chock full of excitement and fun.
Here is the break down by height:
Wet Boats 3 tix 30” minimum 48” maximum
Jump Cycles 3 tix 30” minimum 60”maximum
Chopper Train 3 tix 36” minimum 60” maximum
Climbing Wall 4 tix maximum 250 lbs.
Kiddie Coaster 3 tix 36” minimum
Kite Flyer 3 tix 36” minimum 42” w/o adult
Mini Rocket 3 tix 38” minimum 42” w/o adult
Red Baron 3 tix 36” ride alone / under 36” w/adult
Dragon Jet 3 tix 36”minimum 60” maximum
Carousel 3 tix 42” w/o adult
Crazy Mouse Coaster 7 tix 48” minimum 54” w/o adult
Monster Plung 5 tix 47” minimum 51” w/o adult
Rocket $25 includes tax 44” minimum
Rock n Roll 5 tix 48” to ride
Scooters 4 tix 42” minimum 50” w/o adult
Sea Dragon 5 tix 42”minimum 48” w/o adult
Tilt 4 tix 46” minimum
Giant Wheel 3 tix 50” ride alone 40” minimum w/adult
Go Karts 7 tix 54” minimum
Here’s the local low down:
This pier is a good stop for tiny ones. They don’t mind repetition. So going on only the two rides they have for 30” inches and under isn’t too bad; especially, if you take a ride with you child on the Carousel and Red Baron planes.
However, if you child falls in the 30” -41” height range, this might turn into a disappointing time. There are 7 rides total in this height range, two of which you need an adult to ride along. A few of these are less than exciting. My 6 and 8 year old found a few of them “very babyish.” The Chopper Train is a series of decked out motorcycle train cars that just travel in a circle slowly. I thought it was more appropriate for my 2 ½ year old. And different from other shore piers the tilt-a –whirl was off limits. The best rides are the Kiddie Coaster and The Kite Flyer. The Rock Climbing wall is a big favorite also, but be aware wrist band riders are only allowed one climb per band. You’d need to purchase additional tickets to climb again.
If stopping by with kids under 41” buying tickets is your best bet. Wrist bands are pricey and not worth it for just 7 or so rides; especially, if your kids snub their noses at a few. The ticket count required for these rides are low, being only 3 or 4 tickets.
A great benefit is the Steel Pier doesn’t get as crowded during the day as some of its counter parts. If you’re visiting AC with your little ones, The Steel Pier is a fun quick stop.
For the 42” and up crowd Atlantic City’s Steel Pier is a blast. If you have kids in this range, who will go on each ride more than once, grab a wrist band and stay awhile. My 11 year old had such a great time! Some of her favorites were the Crazy Mouse Coaster, and the Monster Plunge.
Ride Ticket Prices *
|35 Ticket Book with coupons||
|80 Ticket Book with coupons||
|200 Ticket Book with coupons||
|Wristband Day – Every Thursday
Unlimited Rides – Some restrictions may apply
* Note: NJ Sales and AC Luxury Tax are included in prices.
Special Attractions (additional fees)
Specials and Attraction Pricing
$20.00 per person
Special Package for Two
Helicopter Ride Pricing
|Shore Line Ride||
$49.00 per person
Due to escalating gas prices there will be an additional $5 surcharge per person
*All ride and ticket information was proided by The Steel Pier
Here are some family friendly events going on this week in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Wacky Wednesdays at the Absecon Lighthouse 11:00 am – 3:00 PM
Victorian Tea Party, Pirates, Mermaids, Christmas in July, & Sea life
$10 for kids, $5 for adults
At Resorts there are three new exciting circus shows!
Cirque Polynesian Show
Fire eaters, dancers and acrobats perform death defying feats and create a fun luau vibe that Atlantic City has never seen before. This talented cast will dazzle audiences with stunts like the wheel of death and spinning motorcycle acts in addition to renowned aerialist and contortionists.
7:30pm shows Tuesday through Sunday
Adults: $30 – 45
Children $ 12 – $18
Great American Circus Show
Clowns, trapeze acts, high wire stunts and more are the perfect combination of fun and excitement for all ages. Featuring a talented cast of 20, Atlantic City’s Great American Circus adds an element of family fun to Atlantic City’s entertainment scene.
1:00pm shows on Saturday and Sunday
4:30pm shows on Wednesday through Sunday
Adults: $18 – $35
Children: $9 – $16 (Children under 3 are FREE
For Adults ONLY!
Cirque Risque – The Naked Circus Show Schedule:
What is sure to become the most talked about casino show in the country, Cirque Risque – The Naked Circus will undoubtedly capture the audience’s attention. The sexiest show in Atlantic City, Cirque Risque will feature daring acrobatics and high flying acts performed nearly nude.
11pm shows Tuesday through Sunday
Adults: $39 – $69
Kozak the Magician
Tropicana Casino And ResortAtlantic City,NJ08401
Phone: 609-340-4020 Admission: $23 for the show and $32 for dinner and the show.
Hours: Open Daily, Show time 5:00 pm for Dinner & 6:00 pm for the show.
A comedic night of magic is what one can expect from Kozak the Magician, who performs at the Tropicana Casino and Resort’s Comedy Stop for and extended engagement.
Movies Under The Stars
Location: Bartram Place Beach
Showing: Jul 22 – Men In Black
Jul 29 – Toy Story 3
Location: Kennedy Plaza: Mississippi Avenue & The Boardwalk
July 24 – Alice in Wonderland
July 31 – Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows, Part I
All Movies start at dusk!
Stay hydrated to beat the heat! Have a great week in AC!
For more Celebration locations click here!
Here are some tips and suggestions for a fun 4th:
- Atlantic City is super busy during Fourth of July Weekend. Be ready for traffic congestion and tons of people.
-Take a jacket, it gets chilly at night especially near the water.
-Pop by a Dollar Store of a 5 Below and purchase your own glow necklaces, bracelets, and glow sticks for about 1/3 of what you’ll pay on the boardwalk. Make the kids and your wallet happy.
- If you’re already staying in AC, great! If not get into the city early.
- There are plenty of attractions to occupy your time if you come into the city early.
-If your attending the boardwalk show, you can always bring your beach chair and blankets and grab a spot on the sand.
- You can have a picnic dinner on the beach.
- You can take the kids on the rides at the Steel Pier
-AC cruises hosts a fireworks boat tour that is 30.00 per person and you’ll enjoy the best views in town. DJ and cash bar on board. Limited to 75 tickets
- When traveling in the city your best bet is to park and use public transportation to get around. The Jitney runs every 15 minutes and is 2.20 a person. On the boardwalk you can grab a rolling chair.
Boardwalk Hall Parking: Mississippi Avenue & Boardwalk:
South Jersey Transportation Authority Parking Lots:
Fairmount Avenue at Mississippi Avenue
Atlantic Avenue at Christopher Columbus Blvd:
Bernie Robbins Stadium (includes shuttle to and from Albany Ave &Boardwalk)
You can also park in any of the casino self park or even valet. However be prepared to be a heafty fee.
Where ever you spend your Fourth of July, Be Safe, and Have Fun:)
Is it possible for Atlantic City, a city known for it’s casinos and nightlife, to have a family-friendly hotel?
Why…yes it is. It’s at Harrah’s Resort and Casino.
To prepare for our first family blogging event, Bloggers at the Beach in Atlantic City, Karen and I set out to find a family-friendly hotel in Atlantic City. We discovered Harrah’s Resort and Casino. Yes, it is a very beautiful hotel and casino for adults, but it also has a very family-friendly side that you probably didn’t know about before today.
- Spacious rooms to spread out and share comfortably with your family – Each room has two king size beds. Mom and dad have one and 2 or 3 kids can share the other. A small table with two chairs makes a nice area for snack time or coloring between activities. Rooms with 2 double beds start at $129 per night.
- The bathroom were designed with privacy in mind.- The shower is large enough to accommodate several kids. The vanity is large enough for all your’s and the kid’s gear. Plus, the toilet has its own door ensuring privacy for whoever needs to go potty.
- Pack ‘N’ Plays, portable cribs, etc are available from the front desk.
To see more pictures of the Harrah’s Resort Hotel Room visit our Facebook Album.
Then there’s the rest of the Harrah’s Resort Property.
- Family-friendly meals and snacks on a budget – The main floor of Harrah’s Resort and Casino has a pizzeria, sub shop, pretzel shop, ice cream store and other family-friendly eateries with affordable pricing options.
- Harrah’s Family Fun Center – There is so many activities for families staying at Harrah’s Resort to enjoy. The Family Fun Center hours vary with the season but it usually closes by 7 or 8 pm. The game room maybe open later.
- Pool – This is the perfect family-friendly pool. There was an umbrella-mushroom like structure in the middle that showers down water. The pool itself was a large rectangle plenty large enough for all our guest families and others stopping by for a swim. The pool goes from 3 feet deep to 3.5 feet. Harrah’s keeps the pool area well-stocked with towels and a hamper to gather them when you are done. The pool is available for hotel guests at no extra charge.
- For an additional charge, that you can pay there or charge back to your room, your family can play these games at the Harrah’s Family Fun Center:
- Water Wars
- Miniature Golf
- Arcade games that earn you tickets toward prizes
- and more.
To see more pictures of the Harrah’s Family Fun Center visit our other Facebook Album.